Technical Sales Engineer
Testometric is a private limited company that has been involved in the design and manufacture of testing machines and quality control equipment since its foundation in 1970.
We are currently seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to join our sales team and assist with the preparation of quotations. Ideally, we are seeking an experienced Technical Sales Engineer, but we would also welcome applications from engineering/material science graduates or applicants from an engineering or material science background looking for a career change. Previous experience with strength testing machines or similar test equipment would be highly beneficial. The successful applicant may also be involved in testing and R&D activities so a flexible attitude and a willingness to learn new skills is essential.
Location – This role will be based primarily at our offices in Rochdale, Greater Manchester but with the opportunity for some home working. Occasional UK site visits may be required, along with representing the company at exhibitions.
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with customers and distributors, both in the UK and overseas.
- Liaise with customers to identify testing requirements and suggest suitable equipment from our product range.
- Prepare detailed technical quotations with reference to applicable ISO and ASTM standards.
- Manage sales orders via in-house ERP software, working closely with the Manufacturing Department to ensure production schedules are met.
- Ordering of components from external suppliers.
- Ongoing post-sales support to ensure customers’ requirements are fully satisfied, providing technical advice and support.
- Provide equipment demonstrations (after suitable training) during customer visits.
- Manage marketing activities (advertising, email campaigns, social media etc.) to promote our products and bring in new business for the company.
- Help prepare sales and marketing documentation.
Skills and Experience
- Communication skills
- Engineering or material science background
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Strong computer skills, with a good level of competence with Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret standards, drawings and technical documentation.
- 2 years’ experience in a technical sales role.
- Familiarity with strength testing machines or similar equipment.
- Marketing or outbound sales experience.
- Split working pattern, 9-day fortnight with alternate Fridays off
- Christmas bonus
- Private Health Insurance
- Death in Service Insurance
- Pension scheme with matched contributions (up to 5%)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free food/drink
- Opportunity to work from home part time
To Apply – Please forward CV and any relevant information to email@example.com